Feb 23, 2012

Zara and Sharon

How you believe God perceives people will determine how you respond to them.
~ Jacquelyn K. Heasley
Here are the last two students from my Business English Class, Zara and Sharon.  What can I say about these two beautiful women?  On the first day of class they told me that they were afraid to be in level 200 and they wanted to be in a lower class.  I told them to try, but I didn't know what I was getting myself into.  Sharon is quite and studious.  Zara is loud and so very funny.  And they are best friends.



Zara and Sharon are a couple of enablers.  Zara is afraid to speak so she would speak in Arabic and Sharon would translate for her.  No matter what I did, I couldn't get them to stop. Even when I threatened to take points off Sharon said she had to help her friend.  Sharon, on the other hand, is afraid to write.  So she would tell Zara what she wanted to write and Zara would write it.  At time is was quit comical.  


This week I went with one of my friends to visit Zara and Sharon in there village.  When we got to Zara's house we were welcomed by aunts and cousins and her mother.  They were all just as loud and funny as Zara is.  It was the loudest visit I've ever been on and I loved it.  We laughed and told stories.  I shared with Zara and Sharon that I was happy no matter what the circumstances and why.  Although I wanted them to be interested in the truth, there weren't any questions for conversation after what I told them.  I know that they have heard it in their community group with my friend.  


Please pray that they will be interested and begin to seek truth.  Pray that the truth that was shared with them will begin to grow.  Pray for opportunities for me to visit them again.  Today don't forget Zara and Sharon.

No comments: