Mar 14, 2012

TESOL ARABIA


Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. 
John Cotton Dana

Do you ever feel like you live in a bubble?  Sometimes I feel like my life is this small bubble.  It consists of the island and the people I know on the island.  It is limited, not only by location, but by interests.  I am always looking for people I can include in my bubble.  People who can help me, teach me something, relate to me and who I have something in common with.  
This past weekend I went to the TESOL Arabia conference in Dubai.  For those of you who don't live the ESL world this TESOL is teaching English as a second or other language.  It is an organization for English as a second language teachers.  I was able to meet people working all over the Middle East and the Arabian Gulf. I was able to form personal relationships and network with teachers.  It was a great weekend.  My head is still buzzing with new ideas and new inspiration.

Here's a little game.  Can you find me in these photos?


I was also able to reconnect with two great teachers I worked with in Syria.  We had a chance to catch up and I got to hear about what is going on in Syria right now.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you, I found you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your conference and made a new friend!!!