Mar 21, 2012

Reminders

Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. 
~ C. S. Lewis  

Do you ever feel like giving up?  Like you just don't have any more to give?  Like most people, some mornings I wake up and feel less than enthusiastic about working. Sometimes, this feeling doesn't stem from laziness or apathy, it's a stronger power, a sense of futility and helplessness. 


I know a lot of people look at my life and think that it is great, but - and I'm not afraid to admit it - I don't always feel energized to pursue this work and sometimes in my darkest moments, I even consider throwing in the towel.


So what keeps me going?  What keeps me here in the Middle East?  What keeps me working here  where the work is the most abundant and the workers fewest?  The answer is simpler then knowing that I am doing exactly what God has called me to do.  Because, let's face it, that is not a simple answer.  The answer is God himself.  And He does it in the most simple, wonderful ways.


This week has been one of those weeks for me, when I just felt like I couldn't give any more, I couldn't do any more, and I was tired and frustrated.  And then....



I found this on the white board in my classroom.  This was God's way for reminding me why I'm here.  This simple note made my day, my week, maybe my year.  This is why I'm here.  This is my reminder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome!

Denise said...

You are an incredible person and I am so honored to know you and to have worked with you for a short time. May God bless you in all you do!