The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.
~Chuck Palahniuk
So many of my friends in the States ask me how I spend my weekend. Well, the first thing you need to know is that the weekend here is Friday and Saturday. Gives a whole new meaning to TGIF. Secondly, as most of you already know, I don't really have a weekend. I mean, do you really get a break from the life God has called you to? But I thought I would try to answer this question by telling you what I did this weekend.
These are my students from last session. This past Saturday Abi invited me and a friend to her house. When we got there some of my students were there for the visit (Amy, Zara, and Sharon). During the visit I was able to share the hope I have in Christ and how I know that He is in control. We had a great time eating, talking and laughing. I am continually amazed by these beautiful women. And I am continually amazed that God has allowed me to be apart of their lives. After 2 1/2 hours we left Abi's house with smiles on our faces and a promise to meet again as soon as possible.
The rest of the day was spent watching American Idol with my dear friend Carie and enjoying being with her family.
I really do live a charmed life.
1 comment:
That's great that you got to do this!
Post a Comment