"Every end is a new beginning"
A few weeks ago was the end of another session of teaching. it seems that just when I really start to get to know my students they move on and I am introduced to new ones. So I wanted to take a minute and introduce you to my students.
This is Faith. She is an artist who paints, does make and henna. Faith always had a smile on her face even though her life is hard. She is married for the second time and doesn't believe her husband loves her. Her first marriage ended horribly and her ex-husband has custody of her 9 year old daughter. Faith gets to see her once a week for a few hours. I was able to spend some time with her and give her a book. Pray that Faith finds the truth in this book.
This is Alley. She is a mother of a very active 2 year old girl. Alley was always ready to help the other students in class and worked very hard to learn. She is out of work and her husband is also. They are struggling to make ends meet. Pray that I will be able to share the truth with Alley and she will find peace and love.
This is Zolah. She was one of my quiet students. And yet when she gave her oral presentation she spoke very loudly. Zolah, like many of the women here, has very little freedom. Coming to class gave her not only something to do, but friends. Pray that Zolah will be able to meet with me soon. Pray that I will have the opportunity to share truth with her and that she will be open.
This is Ethel. She was always the first one in class and would stay after to talk with me. Ethel is a hard worker and really wanted to learn. She studied very hard and did her best. I loved talking with her before and after class. I was able to share truth with her and I pray that she continues to think about what she heard. Pray that she will have more opportunities to hear the truth and that she would find answers.
I don't have a picture of Allen. He was my only male student and handled being in a class full of women well. Allen is young and hasn't figured out who he is yet. Pray that he will hear the truth and believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment