

The other day I was going to visit my friend 'Helen' on the Island of Muharraq. This usually takes me 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic and on a good day I can get all the way there in 10 minutes. On this day we were in the middle of a particularly bad sand storm and it made driving a little difficult. As I was crossing the bridge which takes me to Muharraq I couldn't see the island. And a thought struck me, what if someone moved the island? This of course brought up the TV show Lost and the issue of them moving the Island.
I did a little research and this is what I found. Popular Mechanics has an article that says it just might be possible to move the island using the electromagnetic fields of the island: So just how can Locke move the island–-and where will he move it, for that matter? Michio Kaku, author of “Physics of the Impossible,” told us he thinks that Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are using the island’s unique properties —namely its electromagnet and the Casimir Effect hinted at in the Orchid Station orientation video—to open a transversible wormhole to different points in time and space.
Now I am not saying that it is possible to move an island through time and space, but what I am saying is that as I drove over the bridge with no visual of the island I was driving to it did occur to me that … well....maybe the island was moved. I think I need a vacation.
3 comments:
this made me laugh. a lot. and i'm impressed that there's been some research done about potentially moving islands.
neat.
I totally believe that an island could be moved!! Why not?? And we can time travel, and be weird beady eyed weirdos!! hahahahha!!
You DO need a vacation! And I need to catch up on Lost. Come visit me and we'll have a Lost party!!
Post a Comment