Many of you have asked me what a typical day is like for me. I thought I would give you a glims at a day in the life of Melissa.
5:30 Wake up and lie awake in bed
5:31 realize that it is 5:31 and I don't have to get up until 6. Hit snooze and go back to sleep.
5:50 Wake up suddenly with heart in mouth when I realize I didn't hit the snooze button - I turned it off.
6:00 get up, make coffee, sit on couch.
6:08 drink coffee and read "word".
6:45 2 cups of coffee later and I realize I have to get ready for work or quit. Go over what quitting would mean and decide it isn't worth the hassle. Get ready for work.
7:30 Ready to go to work, 4th cup of coffee in hand.
7:45 Arrive at work and start getting ready for the day.
8:00 to 2:00 Teach 8 of the most wonderful Bahrainis English. I really do love this.
10:00 Receive text from friend wants to see me tonight.
12:00 Receive text from another friend who also wants to do something tonight.
12:10 send texts back to friends telling them how much I miss them and how I can't wait to see them again.
2:01 Walk out the door ready for the rest of my day.
2:20 Arrive at someones house for some kind of meeting (staff, team, HC, Womens, ect...)
2:25 For jump start: Beg who ever lives at the house for some coffee.
4:30 Meeting ends. Spend 30 minutes to an hour talking about.....nothing.
5:30 Leave for the gym, have to stay healthy and want to sit in the jacuzzi.
7:00 Talk with the first Bahraini friend who texted me, she wants to go shopping (again). Haven't seen her in two days so can't say no. Off to the mall I go.
7:30 Meet up with friend at City Center, eat dinner, watch her shop and share truth.
9:30 Leave mall for home and call Carie so that someone knows I haven't been kidnapped.
9:45 Home. Decide to turn in early and get up early tomorrow morning to get email done.
9:47 play with cat. Decide to check email and then FB to put self in good mood.
11:00 Realize I didn't buy any groceries and decide to do it tomorrow. Also tell self that I will clean the apartment tomorrow.
11:02 Go to bed, can't sleep cause there is so much running through my mind. decide to watch a Gilmore Girls to clear my head.
12:45 3 Gilmore Girls episodes later, so very tired. Decide not to get up early tomorrow. Turn phone ringer off and go to sleep.
1 comment:
Hi there!! This schedule looks familiar! :) I think I hit snooze a few more times than you do before I go to work. Hug the crazy cat for me!
Post a Comment