Jun 16, 2009

Feeling hot hot hot

As I sit here at 8pm writing this it is 102 degrees outside. I actually had to look several time before I believed that it was still that hot. Of course it was considerably cooler then it was on my way home today...120 degrees. So this leads me to a question: How do you feel about hot summer days? How hot is too hot?

After talking with a couple of friends I have a few hints that it is too hot.

It is too hot when:
  • your cold water is to hot to take a shower in.
  • you get out of the shower and need another one before you even dry off.
  • you take 4 showers in a day!
  • You burn your hand opening the car door.
  • You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
  • You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.
  • you discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.
  • The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!
  • you can say 113 degrees without fainting.
  • Everything you touch is hotter than your body temperature .....the sheets are hot, the pillows are hot, all the furniture is hot, the toilet is hot, etc etc etc
  • The outside breezes make you hotter (because they're above body temperature),
  • The nationals are leaving the country for cooler places.
  • the cat is panting like a dog!
  • the sun heats up the air coming out of the vents in your car by the time it hits your face


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I love your post!! SO SO SO true!!

Kacamata said...

Sounds like it might be a little hot there. :) I guess I should stop complaining about TN summer heat.