Dec 31, 2011

Christmas In the Middle East

For unto you is born this day in the city of David A Savior, which is Christ the Lord. ~ Luke 2:11



This Christmas we had 33 adults and children for worship, Mexican food and gifts. It was crazy and fun. Here are a few pictures from our holiday here.


This was our Christmas Pageant.


Our shepards suck their thumbs. Don't yours?

If Mary is Ethiopian should the baby Jesus be white or black?

The Angles couldn't remember their lines, but aren't they sweet?


We only had one shepard cause the other was sitting with his mommy.

And we had one wise man cause we ran out of kids. But isn't he a cute one?

We had bible study and worship after the pageant.



We did white elephant gift, but we all brought really good stuff.





There may not be a lot of Christmas in the streets or houses here in the Middle East, but I know that Christmas is more then music, lights, and tensile. It's the day we remember why we are all here, why I am living in the Middle East, and how much God loves us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun!! I loved the pageant the kids did...Jeni did a great job with them! I like that picture of you with the santa hat!!