I have come to the decision that I prefer the winter Thoub. It isn't see through, which is always a plus. It come in a variety of colors. And the winter Thoub just looks better. Here I offer you a side by side comparison. What do you think? Summer Thoub or Winter Thoub?
Jan 8, 2009
Summer Thoub or Winter Thoub?
The majority of Arab men in the Arabian peninsula (the Arabian Peninsula consists of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, the Sultanate of Oman, and the Republic of Yemen) wear a long sleeved one piece dress that covers the whole body, called a "Dishdashah" or "Thoub". This garment allows the air to circulate, which helps cool the body during the hot summer days. During summer, the Thoub is usually made of white cotton to reflect sunlight. In winter, the Thoub is made from heavier fabric such as wool and comes in darker colors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to say...I like them both. Being the mother of a cute little black boy...I like the white one, it goes well with his dark skin!
Post a Comment